Thursday, June 08, 2006

Long Distance Coin Toss

I've waited a few days to post this story....but here goes.

My little family and I go out to the mall on Monday evening, just walking around. Not really looking for anything, just window shopping.

In the center of the mall, there's a fountain....it's not huge or anything, maybe 6' in diameter.

My oldest daughter who loves to throw coins into the fountain, asks if she can throw a penny in the fountain....I dig in my pocket and pull out my change. No pennies, but I do have a nickel.

I look at the wife and say, "I bet you can't make it from here". At this point we're about 20 feet away from this fountain. It's Monday night, there's hardly anyone in the mall. She looks at me kinda funny and says "From here? No problem!"


What?

Sooooo, I throw in some difficulty. There's some trees right where we are standing....they're not Oak trees or anything, just cute skinny little "mall trees".

So I say, "But, you have to throw it from right here behind this tree....in this square."

AH-HA!! I can see a nervous look on her face!

"What do I get if I make it?", she says.

"Anything you want under $50!", I said.

She steps into the square, leans over to look around the tree, first to the right, then the left....leans back and tosses it.

SPLOOSH!!

Right in....no problem. So now have to make it.

I step up to the square....shoot....

CHINK-A-DINK

I missed that fountain by a good, 5 feet!!! I guess I forgot the wife has REALLY good aim!

Now, that I'm writing this....I don't think my daughter ever did get to throw a coin into the fountain.


Sorry Loo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little humble for da' man-- el guapo. And so, smarty pants, what did she buy? I sure hope she didn't let you off easy and say "Ohh, it's okay, you're so nice."

Schtick goes to the School of Wendy. Nice.

ScotWharton said...

She hasn't cashed in the $50 coupon yet!