Monday, June 19, 2006

More Random World Cup Thoughts

Why do the ABC/ESPN announcers have to repeat the same "facts" over and over and OVER??!!

1) I know that Croatian kid is the son of the coach
....I got it.

2) Ronaldo's allegedly fat....and the president of Brazil said he was fat
....I got it.

3) All the Brazil facts....only team in every World Cup....won more World Cups than any other county....all the players go by one name
....I got it.

(SIDE NOTE HERE....With all the great Brazilian one namers....how does FRED choose FRED? Come on....shouldn't there be a committee in Brazil that helps you pick your one name??)

4) Oh hey....did you know that German great Franz Beckenbauer said there's too many yellow cards in this World Cup?....Yeah, I knew and then you've told me at least once every time a freakin card is shown!! He said it more than a week ago
....I got it.

5) On any day that the US is playing, it's like a freakin national holiday on ABC/ESPN. It's drilled into my skull that the US has got to win their games, and now they have to win against Ghana and here's all the ways that they can still advance
....I got it.

No comments: