Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Craigslist

If you don't know this already, I'm an aspiring professional photographer....I've assisted a wedding photographer for about a year and a half. Then she decided to become a real estate agent, and I was out of an assisting gig.

Anyway, I check Craigslist daily for photography opportunities. If you don't know what Craigslist is, it's "basically" the Classifieds/PennySaver/AutoTrader all rolled into one and on the internet....check it out!

So I'm mostly looking to assist an already established pro shooter. I'm searching for people who are looking for an assistant and I'm also searching for people who are looking for good quality pictures, but aren't looking to pay a lot of money for them.

I've replied to SEVERAL ads on Craigslist, and have NEVER received a reply back!!!

What's up with these people??

I mean you post an ad and someone takes the time to reply and is interested in helping you out and you turn around and don't even reply?? WTF?

I would even be happy with some cheesy canned response. Any response.... anything at all. A simple "No Way Jose" would be better than nothing at all.

Instead, I'm left hanging....wondering what happened.

I completely understand that if you put an ad on Craigslist you could be bombarded with several hundred email responses....but shouldn't you know that going in? Be prepared people! At the VERY LEAST have a canned response ready that you can just copy and paste into the emails that you reject. That way the people that do take the time to reply to you aren't left wondering what the heck is going on!

It's just common courtesy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude,
I called to Volunteer!! To volunteer!!! and I never got a call back. That's just wrong.

Dont post if ya aint gonna respond.