Thursday, August 17, 2006

Are You Watching?

Have you been watching RockStar: SuperNova?

No?

Me either....I just can't get in to it this season.

Last season I think was more emotional....with INXS out of action since the death of Michael Hutchence, their lead singer....it seemed like they had done some serious soul searching and were ready to get back to playing and performing music.

For me, it introduced me to some great INXS tracks that either I had never heard or I didn't know "THAT song is by INXS?"

This season SuperNova is looking for a lead singer. I just can't get into SuperNova....3 "legends" as the web site puts it. Tommy Lee from Motley Crue....Gilby Clarke ex-Guns N Roses....and Jason Newsted ex-Metallica.

Do you see the trend? 2 of the 3 members are ex-members of a band. Kicked out of their last bands....Tommy Lee has a solo album (his 3rd) coming out soon and still plays with Motley Crue.

I have watched parts of it, but I just can't get sucked in....maybe I'll tune in for the final 4 contestants.

No comments: