Saturday, July 01, 2006

What is wrong with ABC?

What is wrong with my ABC affiliate?

I'm sitting here trying to watch the England v. Portugal World Cup match and every ½ hour my local ABC station is running a PROGRAM NOTE at the bottom of the screen telling kids that their normally scheduled Saturday morning programs aren't going to be on at the regularly scheduled times.

I don't have a problem with the program note, what I have a problem with is the SIZE of it and the regularity of when they run it.

They start showing the "program note" about 10 minutes before the scheduled program is to start. Then they show this message, what seems like,continuouslyy for about a minute or so! OVER and OVER and OVER!!

Now I have very little problem with the message itself...It's cute.

"Hey Kids! Catch {insert show name} later today at {insert show time} here on ABC 7."

But...The message is so !@#$% HUGE...It takes up so much of the screen that you can't see the bottom part of the field and if ABC shows any stats at the bottom of the screen, there's no chance that you're gonna see those stats!!


It was awful during the penalty shoot out....I wasn't sure who I was more upset with ABC 7 or England!!

Way to go ABC 7....THANKS! (jerks!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, find this annoying. TV stations are now doing preview ads for other shows in the corners of the screen during your show; I find this horrible annoying.

So soccer is still on?