Tuesday, May 30, 2006

X-MEN: The Last Stand - MY REVIEW

X-Men: The Last Stand is the third movie in the X-Men franchise. It's been rumored that it'll be the last movie, but I think that is only based on the title. Hugh Jackman has signed on for a Wolverine spin off. So it's definitely not the last "X" type movie.

As an ex-comic book reader, specifically books from the X-Men Universe, I do realize that the movie X-Men are "different" than the comic book ones.

I have to say, I wasn't too impressed. I did like the movie. I'm telling friends that I thought it was "pretty good."

It is however, my least favorite of the 3 movies.

The effects, as always, were very cool. It was nice to see Storm play more of an upfront role. Also, it was cool to see her doing some of the comic book moves, like that tornado punch thing she does. Although, how many times did I have to see her eyes turn white when she was changing the weather. I know, from the last two movies that when she uses her powers, her eyes go white. Every single time she uses her power in this one, they have to show her eyes. It got a little annoying.

The "Dark Phoenix" effects were amazing. The way they made Jean's face glow and the hair....VERY COOL.

Angel's wings were beautifully done and Ben Foster was well cast to play him.

I think that Kelsey Grammer was a very good choice for Beast, I did think he could have looked a bit wider.

If you saw both of the trailers for the movie, you may have seen Beasts hand change from blue and furry to "normal"....when this happened, I was really expecting him to say something like, "It's been a long time since I've looked like that." Just kind of, as a nod to the comic book geeks....but that didn't happen.

I was initially gonna make this review longer and was probably gonna put in some of the spoilers....but I decided against it. But I will say this....STAY TILL THE END OF THE CREDITS!!!

No comments: