Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Hoop Moment

My former co-worker and still good friend Hoop recently took his son to the opening of an Apple store near his house. Well in the rush to get out of the house, his son only had one shoe on. Hoop didn't notice this fact until they actually got to the Apple store!! So a thought runs through his head....Do I lose my place in line for the SUPER DUPER GRAND OPENING of the new neighborhood Apple store?? OOoooorrrr....Do I take my son home and get the other shoe??

Let's just say that little Hoop helped open that store with a little bit of a limp!!

My version goes like this....my daughter was invited to a birthday party for a little friend of hers. We were running late so I ask her to put her shoes on. (This is a DAILY occurance for her.) I grab the birthday present, my camera bag....and we're off!!

The party was at an elementary school. There's an adult group of actors called the
Brown Bag Players who are putting on a play. The play is going to be the Jungle Book. We get there and the birthday girl welcomes us and she and my daughter go off an play with some of the other party goers. This goes on for about 15 minutes. Then the doors open and we go into the "drama room." We set up for lunch and eat lunch....probably about 10 minutes there.

Then the actor who is playing the Grey Wolf announces that the kids can line up and get their faces painted. My daughter climbs the stairs of the stage to join one of four lines of kids and I notice....her shoes are on the wrong feet!!

There's 3 thoughts that go through my head....(almost all at the same time)....as I ask her to sit on the floor and switch her shoes around to the right feet.


  1. What's it gonna hurt if she left them on the wrong feet.
  2. How does she not feel that her shoes are on the wrong feet??
  3. Do I have Hoop's cell number in my phone, because I've GOT TO call him, RIGHT NOW!

I don't have his number in my phone, so I guess a link to this blog is gonna have to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This web page is long over due. It'll be just like having you on the other side of my cubbie wall(gosh that's such a cute word-cubbie).

Welcome to blogville. Just don't get blogceited, or become a bloghole, if you do, you'll end up like Terri and get voted off the blog-sland.

Keep that camera handy and blog it.