Thursday, September 27, 2007

Press PLAY....Randomly

I have 1390 songs on my iPod....it's almost 6 gigs of music....if I let it run continuously it wouldn't stop playing music for over 4 days!!!

I spent 3 years of my 20's working for Sam Goody, remember Sam Goody? There aren't very many locations left on the West Coast, let alone in Texas. Anyway, while working there I was exposed to a lot of different types of music, including music that I didn't particularly care for. I can't tell you how many times I listened to Garth Brooks'
Ropin' the Wind....that album drove me crazy!! But ya know what?? He was HOT at the time and we had to play music to bring people into the store.

Another thing that broadened my musical scope was living in Singapore....there are musicians that are soooo BIG and popular ALL OVER THE WORLD....except here in the states....for whatever reason they just don't catch on here (or they don't get radio air play here).

In my collection now I have: Jazz, Hip Hop, Alternative, Top 40, Kid's Stuff, Country, Swing, Classical, Rock and I'm sure there are other types.

I thought I put the iPod on SHUFFLE SONGS and am going to list the first 10 songs that it plays.

So without further ado....here they are:

(01) DAUGHTERS / John Mayer

(02)
MISERY BUSINESS / Paramore

(03)
GOOD AS GONE / Little Big Town

(04)
LITTLE BY LITTLE / Oasis

(05)
FEED THE BIRDS / Mary Poppins Soundtrack

(06)
NOTHING (HEADCLEANR ROCK MIX) / Depeche Mode

(07)
AXIS BOLD AS LOVE / Jimi Hendrix

(08)
RADIO / Robbie Williams

(09)
NAIVE / The Kooks

(10)
KILLING ME SOFTLY / The Fugees

Trust me, these are the first 10 that came up....I do have some embarrassing songs on there, they just didn't come up....THIS TIME!

I'm thinking about making this a regular thing on the blog, what do you think?

In the meantime....it's your turn!! (No iPod needed)

If you have a digital music collection, go ahead and select RANDOM/SHUFFLE and list the first 10 that show up for you!! Leave your first 10 in the comments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just HAD to do this-what fun! C'mon people....let's see what your playin'----
1-Mission Impossible Theme
2-Fabulous-High School Musical 2
3-We Belong to No one - the Devics
4-Hey Sister Pretty - Hootie
5-Prince Ali-Disney
6-I Wanna Wake Up Where You Are-Goo Goo Dolls
7-Ladies in Lavendar-Hess
8-Perfect Situation-Weezer
9-Skull and Crossbones-POTC Soundtrack
10-A Raven in the Snow-Loreena McKinnet

Anonymous said...

I don't usually go with the shuffle, but I can play along. I got:
1. “I Get Around” by the Beach Boys
2. “The Mad Scene” from Lucia di Lammermoor, by Joan Sutherland
3. “Ellie My Love” by Rockapella
4. “Merry Christmas Darling” by the Carpenters
5. “Lesson 1” of Pimsleur Mandarin Lessons
6. “Protect Life” from The Fifth Element Soundtrack
7. “Mina Hinoo” from The Fifth Element Soundtrack
8. “I Am Your Man” by Rockapella
9. “Act III, Scene I” from Puccini’s Turandot with Sutherland and Pavorotti
10. “Loving You, That’s All I’m After” by Love Unlimited