Sunday, February 11, 2007

Super Bowl - the Commercials

WARNING!
This is going to be a BIG POST

So it's been a week since the SuperBowl.

Here's my TOP 10 for the Super Bowl Commecials....

Let's start off with some Honorable Mentions

Honorable Mention #1 - GM - Robot Bad Dream


HM #2 - Foot Locker - Autograph


HM #3 - Budweiser Select - Jay Z vs Don Shula


OK....so here's my TOP 10

#10 - Budweiser - Spot Wink
I really thought this one was cute....but that's about it. The part that won me over and moved it from Honorable Mention to #10 was the very end of the commercial with the dog and the parade princess.


#9 - Chevy - HHR Car Wash
"Tell me when it's over!"


#8 - Doritos - Live the Flavor
I like this one, I really do...it's funny....but I saw the commercial BEFORE the Super Bowl, so that ruined it for me.


#7 - Bud Light - Rock/Paper/Scissors
Nothing like a classic game to settle a grievance.


#6 - Sprint - Connectile Dysfunction
FREAKING HILARIOUS....If they would have added a disclaimer about the side effects, this would have easily been top 3 for me!!


#5 - Bud Light - Class Mencia
"Bood Light"


#4 - Budweiser - King Crab
Just plain funny


#3 - Doritos - Check Out Girl
I liked this one, EXCEPT for the final remark....I could have done without the "Clean up on Register 6" - YUCK!


#2 - Nationwide - Rollin' VIP
You've seen it here on my blog before....I loved watching on the big screen on Sunday! (What??)


#1 - Bud Light - Auctioneer
How awesome would that be??? Even as a joke, that would be funny!


All in all, I thought it was a pretty weak year for Super Bowl ads....I think there was a total of 51. I hate when they show movie trailers for commercials during the Super Bowl too....even if it was a new movie, like with that Wild Hogs movie. If you're gonna show a movie trailer, ESPECIALLY for a movie that has already been running ads, like with Hannibal Rising and Meet the Robinsons....give me something new, something I haven't seen yet! Come on guys!

Also, as much as I hated Career Builders monkey ads from last years Super Bowl, I hate their commercials this year just as much! They weren't even funny to me.

No comments: