Monday, October 22, 2007

Hot & Cold


photo by Dan Steinberg for AP


SoCal is pretty much on fire....I just got an email from my mom, saying that there's a fire in Irvine near a Toll Road that we used to drive on a lot and that fire jumped the freeway to the otherside.

There are huge winds there and although the Santa Ana winds do cause havoc every year with the fires, I don't think it's EVER been that bad.

I read somewhere that there are 15 fires burning in Southern California right now!!

Please pray for the firefighters and the people and structures that they are working to save.

In Houston weather news....a MEAN cold front moved in this morning. I read earlier today that just before 10 am at Hobby Airport (which is near our house) it was 82°....less than an hour later it was 61° and raining!!


photo by Johnny Hanson for the Houston Chronicle

No comments: